Monday, March 10, 2008

Shopping for The Bridal Gown

Soon after my daughter became engaged, we set out one Saturday to shop for her bridal gown. She had gone with friends to Boston to see what was available there, and two weeks later she and I set out for several places in the Hudson Valley. I am happy to report that here, not Boston, is where she found her dress. We went to four places, in three she found a dress that was a possibility, but in the last salon I knew she had found something special when the tears appeared after trying on her first dress there. The owner of the salon brougnt her several other dresses, all equally lovely. She put the first one one again, more tears. That was the dress! I heard the popping of champagene being poured for us and out came my checkbook. Interviewing brides for wedding coordination usually tells us that the first thing brides-to-be shop for is the dress, long before finding the church or reception venue. How many of you have stories on finding THE dress?

2 comments:

Susan LaGrande said...

One Saturday nearly forty years ago my mother took me shopping for my wedding dress. We weren't expecting to find anything the first day, so we didn't tell anybody what we were shopping for. By very good luck we found "the dress" and I went home on Cloud Nine. My father was reading the paper when I got home and I practically shrieked, "Daddy, Daddy, I got my wedding dress!" He continued to read the paper. I didn't see the twinkle in his eye, so I complained,"Aren't you even going to ask me about it?" He didn't even look up from the paper. "What color is it?" he asked.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.