Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Top Five List for Hosting a Cocktail Party

We all know that cocktail parties are social events where guests mingle. Here are some suggestions for ensuring that your guests are comfortable.

1.Have a variety of non-alcoholic beverages in addition to your usual offerings.
2.Limit the number of heavy scented candles as some guests may have allergic reactions.
3.Control the music volume and room temperature so that guests can mingle and are
not too cold, not too warm.
4.Provide seating for guests who may need to sit.
5.If having buffet table, serve from both sides to alleviate wait.
Bonus tip: Relax! Guests will take their cue from the host/hostess.

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

Really great tips you have shared here. Well, I am organizing a bachelorette at Seattle venues before my wedding, and will invite all my friends in that party. These tips will be really helpful for me. Now I will arrange variety of non-alcoholic beverages for that day.