Monday, August 6, 2007

Top Five List for throwing a Surprise Party

Surprise Parties are a great and fun way to celebrate an anniversary, retirement, "sweet sixteen", bridal shower, baby shower, or a "special" birthday celebration.
If having the party at your home:
1. Send invitations and make sure guests know that this is a surprise party. Have rsvp's sent to someone else or to a work number/cell phone.
2. Have a friend take the guest of honor out for the afternoon of the party. Keep in mind what the guest of honor will be wearing and have guests dress accordingly.
3. Ensure that decorations are not seen from the outside.
4. Have food, beverages and music ready. Food and beverages can be arranged by friends and neighbors or hiring a caterer. Music can be a hired band, DJ or cd's.
5. Have guests arrive at least 30 minutes before the guest of honor will return, and have them park away from the house so their cars are not visible.
Yell "surprise" when the guest of honor arrives!

4 comments:

Shelton Sales said...

I am planning a big party and wanted to find unique party invitations cards to buy that I could add my own wordings. I found these sites that were very helpful, Birthday Party Invitations, Surprise Birthday Party Invitations, Printable Party Invitations and Christmas Party Invitations. I finally ordered from Cards Personalized and was definitely very pleased. I got lots of compliments!

The Party Lady said...

Sarah, sounds like you really did your homework on this! Did you have them done by the company or did you print them yourself? Any other tips or ideas you'd like to share about your upcoming party? Good luck with it!

Shelton Sales said...

I was planning a big surprise party and was looking for unique party invitations cards that I could add my own wordings. I found several sites that were very helpful, Adult Birthday Party Invitations, Wedding Anniversary Invitations, Surprise Party Invitations and Christmas Party Invitations. I finally ordered from Cards Shoppe and was definitely very pleased. I got lots of compliments!

PartyMark said...

Next month Sarah will be ordering from "Surprise Birthday Party Invitations"
Will anyone be surprised?
Oh, and she was definitely very pleased. And Sarah got lots of compliments!