Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Help! I need a gift!

It's that peak gift giving time of year!! Graduations, weddings, showers, anniversary parties, summer birthdays...if you're like me you want to give a gift with style.

If you haven't discovered on-line registries, they are a godsend. It shows their taste, colors, and you can shop within any budget. Baby boomers, like me, sometimes resist the on-line buying without actually seeing the item. But it's soooo much easier! For weddings check out www.weddingchannel.com and you can see exactly where he/she is registered. Everybody has a horror story of that awful Elvis lamp that must be taken out of the attic when Aunt Rita comes to town! Registries eliminate all that.

What's your fave registry? Let me know and we'll all share.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Party Lady:

What's the protocol if you have sent gift but never got a "Thanks.'' I mailed a nice gift to thank in-laws for hosting us on vacation. Not sure if they didn't get it, hated it or what. I would like to tell them to feel free to exchange it, but it seems awkward to bring it up.

The Party Lady said...

It's always awkward when you don't get a "thank you note." You could say "oh by the way, did my gift arrive in one piece?" That way you brought it up, but tactfully. Who else has been in this situation? How did you handle it?